Saturday, January 17, 2009

Day 17 Scary Stuff


These are the things I saw today while walking around looking for a web to hang some cars for thephrog. The first two are the spider and his web which is nowhere near as Strong as a red back web it's hard to explain but when you break a red back web you can hear the strands snap. The third photo is not a snake but a legless lizard and the fourth shot is well I don't know never seen one before but it's like a cocoon and it was inside the iron bark tree about 5 or 6 inches inside a perfectly bored hole and believe me they don't call these trees iron bark for nothing they are really hard wood especially at the heart.

8 comments:

  1. Where is TVDinner when you need him? Bet your boys like these yuckky creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmmmm - nice shots....i think?? I looked at the pics before I read your comments, and I thought "What on Earth are those toy cars doing in a web?" LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cars were flying by and got lured in by the pretty spider with the red arrow on her, dancing in the middle! Now she has them, she will never let them go!
    Great shots, all of them, and what a fantastic collection of Australia's creeping (and slithering) population! Nice work! I have no idea what would bore into an ironbark tree like that, but I am guessing some sort of beetle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first image the best. I like where you framed the vertical line and the colours all go extremely well together. You certainly do get some interesting creatures in Aussie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those webs really are strong! That looks like some kind of chrysalis. You've got a mystery now...keep an eye on it and see what it turns into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yukky things that kids love to find!
    A sweet collection of cute Aussie bugs, I'd say. Don't know what the bug is but it looks big and if it was eating an iron bark tree, it must have sharp teeth.
    Runs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collage! The cars hanging in the web are really cool in a scary kind of way. I think I'd have cropped or cloned out the hand in the bottom right shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting collection, especially the bottom one, it almost looks like a torpedo or drilling tool. As you say it has to be tough to get into one of those trees.

    ReplyDelete