Monday, January 26, 2009

Day 26 The Kookaburra





Well today is Australia day so what better to shot then a Kookaburra I just wish I could have gotten a little closer to her. Yes it's a girl the males are more colourful and more trusting. :)


I thought you might like to see where I live, our land is 3oo meters across and 1200 meters front to back. This is the view out of my bedroom window but just a bit further away from the house. These shots are straight from the camera they are as untouched as the land. There is a lot of wild life out there some are nice and fluffy some are all slimy and deadly and then you have the things you can't see but most of those just hurt like hell. We have an ant here that would be almost an inch long about 2.5 cm and when they bite you will know all about it. As an Aussie I walk in thongs through this bush as comfortably as you do through the streets of your town neither of us worried if the next step will be our last. :)




6 comments:

  1. YAY!!! A Kookaburra picture :) We really are pretty amazing birds aren't we? Even the females have a lot of personality with the fuzzy heads and scary beaks!

    I am gonna come vist you one day Icebunny - with my camera in tow. The last time I got any Aussie bird pictures was before I got my "good" camera last spring. I need to take another trip down under soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real live Kookaburra! Too bad they are so shy, I would love to see her close-up and personal.....hey I thought you were gonna shoot unmoving objects Your property looks lovely but I sure have a hard time figuring out the size using metrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Just now I know that "kookaburra"is a bird!
    This trips are very interesting for me when I have opportunity to know somethings about all the othe conutries. It's so wonderful.
    Your gallery is amazing! COngrats.
    And congrats too for the "very funny game "shoot ICEBUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well spotted and well captured. Can we have a Kaola tomorrow please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic place to live! That looks awesome, and so very typical of all the Australian bush. We had a bush block, but it was too much work and too far to travel to work, so now we are in suburbia! I do miss the bush, even if the kookaburra laughs are loud. They are amusing and quirky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darn things wake me up nearly every morning with their manic laughing, though to me they are a bigger symbol of Au than the Koala or Kangaroo.
    I like the unspoilt bit of bush you have there ice, it's looks like a great place to raise kiddies in!

    ReplyDelete