Saturday, January 3, 2009

Day 3 Tadpoles


This was a really hard shot cause of the reflection. The pond is about 3 foot deep and has lots of tadpoles even a rare species of cannibalistic frog, it's true. We sent some tadpoles into school one day and after a while the teacher noticed the numbers were dropping until there was only one.
Well we found a striped frog at home one day with half of another hanging out of his mouth so we took him into the department of primary industries and asked them about it and yeah they live under ground and only come out to eat and procreate. Having this little guy in a glass jar for night before he went to town was freaky cause as you walked around the room he would follow you eyes forward like a predator just waiting until you went to sleep, it got to much for my wife and I had to cover him up. :)

10 comments:

  1. Oooh, err, that kinda frog sounds creepy! Great tadpole shot. The blue cast is pretty. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous capture of the tadpoles, they look like they'll grow legs soon. Now you've got me very interested on the cannibal frog. I'm imagining it grinning with bloody fangs. Maybe you can shoot it for tomorrow's pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvellous commentary!and yes, I want to see what it looks like too. Blue is one of my favourite colours so I was instantly drawn to your image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mhhh. let's try this again, my previous comment got lost in space :-)

    Hilarious story! And I love those 'alien' fish. Never heard the word 'tadpoles' before.
    If you want to shoot through the surface of water, you should use a polarizer. Polaroid sunglasses before the lens will do too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how it turned out....is the "grass" a reflection?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so blue, but I like it because it's such an interesting story. What kid hasn't caught tadpoles in a jar?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to suggest the sunglasses trick, but I see Pr4ktic already did :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one weird, evil, sounding frog!

    Good shot in tough conditions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the blue, its my favourite colour too! I like how we can see the tadpoles going about their day in another world. That cannibal frog sure sounds interesting. Was there one at the school too or were the tadpoles eating each other?

    ReplyDelete