Sunday, January 4, 2009

Day 4 Striped Rocket Frog


Striped Rocket Frog (Litoria nasuta) which I'm sure means devil frog
Well do you know how long you must wait for a subterranean frog to show his pointy little head, no well neither do I cause this guy was just sitting there looking at the menu when I went out to the pond. Can you see how he follows me around he's a sneaky little frog and scared the crap out of me well sort of I had just taken a very front on close up of him and I wanted a side shot so I slowly moved around and got nice and close and went to take the next shot but the when I looked through the view finder the last shot was still there front on and real close, made me jump back a bit. LOL You can see from the top shot that even the baby frogs are evil they have the same pointy nose looks like an armor almost removable like a helmet even the tadpoles have the same look so it starts pretty young.

12 comments:

  1. What a nasty looking frog. I understand from B. Bryce's book on Australia that it's the continent with the highest rate of dangerous animals. Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha laughing out loud.. again! Evil baby frogs. If there's no cult movie in that...
    Nice tryptich or something.

    That's not even a real word, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The definition of evil gets a new incarnation! I love your description. Makes me fear for your life and worry that they are going to leap at you and devour your face! Nice work giving us an insight into the lives of these strange (and scary) amphibians.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugly little creature......nice photos of it! I hope you aren't going to try and take pictures of dangerous stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This picture remember one of my Photoshop entries to W1K where I put a frog into a birdhouse in a tree... Really I think that this little creatures coul not be called "devil"... well... could not ccalled "cute"too! hehe!
    Congrats to your tryptic!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw I think they are cuties, though I wouldn't pick one up!!!
    Great in full view, I hope people are looking at full, as you can see the details so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this is what he looks like! Thank you for obliging with not just one photo but three!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice job! hehe he really does look evil in the center photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So this is the culprit! I've never seen such a sharp nosed frog before. He does look creepy, but very interesting. I think he likes his picture taken...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing shaped head but not the cutest of frogs. He blends in with his surroundings well.

    ReplyDelete